VIOSO Anyblend needs to interact closely with the operation system and the GPU. Therefore, a very detailed look at drivers and versions is required to achieve the intended result.
GPU driver recommendation for Anyblend/VR&SIM
Embedding warping and blending into the operating system is a very specific task.
Keeping track of all developments on Windows as well as on the GPU vendor’s side is the daily business of VIOSO.
Unfortunately, with the introduction of Windows 10, the support for GPU embedded warping and blending has gotten much more complex so that there is not a “use this driver and everything works” recommendation. In fact, each GPU configuration (single GPU, multi GPU, with or without preview monitor, etc.) must be handled individually regarding the selection of an appropriate GPU driver.
This table shows the current state of information based on knowledge and experience. It is related to Anyblend 5 and Anyblend 5 VR&SIM and covers only NVIDIA QUADRO GPUs as the only platform that is supported by VIOSO Anyblend 5.
|Windows Version||GPU Series||GPU Driver Version||1 Mosaic mode||1 Mosaic portrait mode||1 Mosaic + extra Monitor||Multi GPU 1 Mosaic||Multi GPU 1 Mosaic + extra Monitor||Multi GPU Multi Mosaic||Multi GPU portrait||Known Issues|
|10 Build 1809-1909||RTX Series||R430||YES||YES||YES(7)||YES(5)||YES(7)(5)||YES(5)||YES(5)||(h)|
|10 Build 1809-1909||P series||R418||YES||YES||YES(7)||YES(5)||YES(7)(5)||YES(5)||YES(5)||(f)|
|10 Build 1803||P series||R410||YES||YES||YES(7)||YES(5)||YES(7)(5)||YES(5)||YES(6)||(e)|
|10 Build 1803||P series||R390||YES||YES||YES(7)||YES(5)||YES(7)(5)||YES(5)||YES(6)||(e)(g)|
|10 Build 1803-1909||M series
(M4000 or better)
|10 Build 1803-1909||K series
(K5000 or better)
|10 Build prior 1803||all||all||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||(c)|
|7 SP3||P series||R390||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES(5)||YES(6)||(b)|
|7 SP3||M series
(M4000 or better)
|7 SP3||K series
(K5000 or better)
- use K420 or K620 for extra monitor
- NVIDIA Quadrosync required
- (1) and (2) apply
- (1) and (2) apply, avoid using one card for 2 or more mosaic screens: I.e. to create 3×1 + 2×1 + 3×1 use 3 cards (just one Mosaic per card). For 3×2 + 3×2 use 4 cards
- NVIDIA Quadrosync II card required for more than 2 cards. Spanning a Mosaic across multiple cards and using multiple cards to compute content is a P6000 feature (Win 10 1803,392 or better). P5000 and lower will just use one card for computing and use other cards just for additional outputs.
- There are known issues with shifted color channels. In case, try to use no or custom overlap and set it to a value so that each overlap will be a multiple of 8. I.e. if there is a 4×2 Mosaic of WUXGA (1920×1200) and the calculated effective screen size in pixels is 6631×1981:
4 vertical projectors mean 3 overlaps, therefore: 4 * 1920 = 7680, 7680 – 6631 = 1049, 1049 / 3 = 349.666, 344 is next lower multiple of 2, so set size to 4 * 1920 – 3 * 344 = 6648, so set size to 6648.
2 horizontal projectors means 1 overlap of 419, next lower multiple of 8 is 416, so set size to 1984.
- Connecting an extra monitor to the same card (3×1 Mosaic + extra monitor) will not allow you to hardware hook if you require an overlap between projectors. (e.g. utilizing a blend with VIOSO) Therefore, use an additional card (P400 and above) to connect the extra monitor.
- There are known systems where only legacy version (Anyblend 4.3, Anyblend VRSIM 4.3) is working. Upgrade of graphic hardware is recommended.
- NVIDIA Quadrosync II is recommended for multi GPU Mosaic. It is obligatory if aspect correction is required (overlap compensation).
- Due to a bug in the Windows Desktop Manager and Microsoft Unified Graphics Driver, applying warp and blend is unstable and leads to BSOD eventually.
- K Series is no longer supported. Try NVIDIA Quadro driver 392 or 384 and legacy version of Anyblend (AB 4.3.3). But there is no guarantee that it works.
- Rendering video across multiple cards is not working. It takes a very long time to apply if overlap is set.
- In portrait mode, it can happen that applying warp&blend even without overlap will fail and lead to shifted output. A workaround is to use 4×2 landscape instead of 8×1 portrait mode and rotate the output during the calibration.
- According to NVIDIA’s log of known issues, this driver may cause application corruption and possible blue-screen crashes when enabling WARP while Mosaic and Quadro Sync are enabled.
- Editing a calibration from within Anyblend Control Panel sometimes does not work with R430 on RTX GPUs.
|Driver||Build||Release Date||Windows 10||Windows 7||Recommendation|
|R430 U8||431.98||2019-11-14||Download 64 Bit||not available||Download 64 Bit||not available||NVIDIA P and RTX-Series GPU with Anyblend 5.0.1 on Windows 10-1809 and above|
|R418 U7||426.32||2019-11-19||Download 64 Bit||not available||Download 64 Bit||not available||NVIDIA P-Series GPU with Anyblend 5 on Windows 10, see known issue (f)|
|R410 U8||412.40||2019-08-14||Download 64 Bit||not available||Download 64 Bit||not available||Single NVIDIA P-Series GPU with Anyblend 5 on Windows 10, see known issue (e)|
|R390 U12/U9||392.58||2019-11-14 (U12)
|Download 64 Bit (U12)||Download 32 Bit (U9)||Download 64 Bit (U12)||Download 32 Bit (U9)||All NVIDIA GPUs with Anyblend 4 on Windows 7 and 10, see known issue (g)|
|R384 U8||386.28||2018-03-27||Download 64 Bit||Download 32 Bit||Download 64 Bit||Download 32 Bit||Legacy NVIDIA GPUs (K and M Series) with Anyblend 4 on Windows 7|
GPU driver recommendation for Anyblend/VR&SIM version 4?
VIOSO Anyblend 4 supports Windows 7 and all NVIDIA Quadro GPUs that have driver support on Windows 7. Please note: that not all NVIDIA Quadro GPUs from the K- and M-series support embedded warping and blending.
|graphics card vendor||model||operating system||GPU driver version||Anyblend version
|P1000 – P6000||Windows 7 64 Bit||R390 U9 (392.53)||Version 4.6||2018/07
(on multiple P4000)
|Windows 7 64 Bit||R384 U8 (386.28)||Version 4.3.3||2018/07
(on multiple M4000)
|w600-w9800||Windows 7 64 Bit||15.301.2601
Download from AMD
|Version 4.3.3||2016/09(on w600)|