In the VIOSO software , you can import custom 3D models for your calibration alignment. In this article, we show you an example how to create a model of a cylindrical screen using SketchUp®.
- Get the radius, height, and view angle from your screen. Use mm and degrees.
- Draw a circle in the x-y-plane. Key in the segments first, like 360. Then click to the center and
key in the radius.
- Use protractor tool to find the view angles.
- Draw a line connecting the intersection points.
- Remove ledgers and the unused arcs.
- Extrude to screen height.
- Remove top and bottom line.
- Reverse faces.
- Create a material using a texture. Be sure to make its size like your screen: w = radius * viewangle * PI / 180.
- Every part of the screen needs to be covered by the texture — no tiles. Every part of the screen needs its own texture coordinate.
- Make a component.
- Rotate the component around x-axis to make x (red) point to the right, y (green) pointing up, and z (blue) going back.
- Export to dae.