General performance considerations
VIOSO Player supports up to 10MP maximum pixel space bandwidth.
The recommended codec for VIOSO Player is
- H.265 (HEVC) if you have a decent CPU in your system (Passmark > 6000), e.g. VIOSO Anystation Media
- H.264 (AVC) for lower CPUs, e.g. VIOSO Anystation Nano or Micro
- Video bandwidth not higher than 40 Mbit/sec
- Encoding with constant bitrate
Improving playback performance for H.264/H.265:
VIOSO Player uses the Medialooks-API and there is a way to improve the playback performance by changing a registry value, which forces Medialooks to run as an internal process:
- Open the registry editor “regedit.exe” (type
regeditin Windows search)
- Navigate to
falseand restart the computer.
After this procedure, the playback performance should get a noticable performance boost (approx. 10%).