VIOSO 6 and EXAPLAY are actively developed and provide several releases per year. Your license is not restricted to a certain software version, but yields a certain maintenance period. During such an active maintenance period, you can install and use any update of the software, that is published.
Before you run an update, you should check if your license is eligible for an update.
- Retrieve your activation key
- Visit our License Self-Help
- Click “Get License Information” and enter the activation key
- Information about the maintenance period is returned among other useful information:
Note: The release date of the software matters, not the date of install. So you can install an update after end of maintenance period, as long as the software release date lies within the maintenance period.
Learn more about software validity and maintenance.
If the software release lies within the maintenance period of your license, you can proceed:
- Download the software installer
- Install on the designated PC. The installer will automatically remove previous installed versions
- At first run, the new software validates the maintenance and updates the license accordingly.
- When online, this happens automatically in the background and the software starts automatically. There is no user interaction or service interruption
- When offline, a manual activation is required. Learn more about offline activation here.
- “The license key XXXXX does not correspond to the current version of your product”
This indicates, that the version of the installed software differs from the version in the license. Both versions must match to make the software running.
- If the software is not activated after an install, e.g. because the PC wasn’t offline, try an activation.
- If this happens after an activation, then the software maintenance period is expired.
- Get into contact with our Sales Team to extend your maintenance.
- Downgrade to an older software version